Can you imagine living a life without any goals? Going through each day without something to work towards, to strive for? I know that my life would feel so completely pointless if I didn’t have a forever evolving list of short-term and long-term goals. Setting goals keeps us motivated, enriches our development and builds opportunity for growth and overall life advancement. Keeping a goal-oriented mindset also increases our clarity in our thought-processing and our abilities to take each day by storm with a clear vision of how we want our life to look and feel.
1. Set goals that motivate you: Make sure they are meaningful and will create value in your life.
2. Set “Breakthrough” Goals: Ones that make you squeamish because they seem unattainable, but trust me, you can do it!
3. Write them all down: This is a way for you to create a “brain dump” of sorts and help your brain work out the details.
4. Work on breaking your goals down into attainable steps: How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time! One big goal is not so scary when it’s broken down into x amount of achievable bites.
5. Talk about your goals: Talking about your goals releases them into the “universe” and can help keep yourself accountable.
6. Embrace the fear of success: This will help you calm the fears you may have about creating “more work” if you succeed or “what will others think of what I’ve accomplished”.
7. Upgrade your habits/routines: There is no better time than the present to evaluate your habits so that you can utilize your time more efficiently to achieve these amazing goals.
8. Evaluate: Take time to evaluate what is working and what is not – make adjustments as needed.
9. Celebrate the journey: It is SO important to celebrate the small successes in life. This here, this goal crushing, it’s about the journey just as much as the end goal. This can be one of the HARDEST things to do, because we all want instant everything. But trust me, the sooner you start loving up on the small victories you have, the better the end goal will taste.
10. Take action: Like now. This means start now. You can do this.
There is a problem with this page. I am viewing it with my iPhone. It appears that some of the headers are overwritten.